Sunday, April 6, 2008

I Have Been Adopted

After more than two dozen house calls in the past three years, the McNamee family decided it would be easier if they simply adopted me. I was invited over for Sunday dinner to be officially adopted, paperwork signed and hugs and kisses all around. No offense to my current clan, but there are very few of us Travers on the West Coast, and frankly, I miss a good home-cooked meal. In all fairness, I did ask all three of my current parents to move out here to no avail. You had your chance, and now Sandy and Mac (MacDaddy) have taken me in as one of their own. I had a wonderful time with the entire family. Thank you to Russell, Lisa, Ron, Sandy and MacDaddy for a great family Sunday dinner.

MacDaddy himself, playing with Star.

Star has been responsible for one service call to the McNamee's thus far. She is very cute, but a little skittish yet. But, she does enjoy posing for the camera.

Only the finest. The McNamee family China.

A fresh spinach salad with boiled prawns, sliced red onion and papaya. I am going to have to try to make this, because it was very very good.

A standard roast, very tender, and cooked a little past medium rare. As you can see from my plate, there were no less than five vegetables in addition to the salad. Roasted brussel sprouts (the only way to cook brussel sprouts, no bitterness at all), roasted red potatoes, steamed asparagus with hollandaise sauce, baked cauliflower and roasted carrots.

For desert, homemade vanilla ice cream covered in fresh fruit (blackberries, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries) with a white/brown sugar/butter sauce. This family knows how to take care of its own.

No comments: