Saturday, April 5, 2008

This Is What I Do

I work, all the time. And when I am finished working, I try to share a few pictures for those of you wondering what it is I really do.

The following project is nearly a year in the making, and while not complicated, it required more time than I, or my customer, had anticipated. However, the finished result is nothing short of brilliant, and I have no one to blame but myself.

We have 17 speakers in six separate zones, including a main dining room/bar area, "living room," outdoor deck, two locker rooms and a golf pro shop. Each zone can be fed from one of three possible "streams" from a 250GB hard drive media server, allowing for up to three different CDs to be played back simultaneously. In addition, there are three satellite receivers that can feed all six zones independently of one another. Two of the satellite receivers are connected to a top-tier 52" 1080P LCD Television, one for the dining are and one for the pro shop. One more 65" 1080P LCD Television will be added to the "living room" area, formerly a private dining room. All of the source equipment, including the media server, the controller, the amplifier and the satellite receivers are located in an IT room, located in the basement of the facility. Audio is fed to the speakers via 14/2 speaker wire, while control is accomplished via Cat6 to six keypads, one of which is an LCD touchscreen installed in the lobby. Video is distributed via Cat6, converted to HDMI with an IP-to-Video box at either end of the signal path.

Main Dining Room with Hidden Speakers

Outdoor Deck Speakers

One More Outdoor Speaker and View Along the Deck

Pro Shop with Four Hidden Speakers and Men's Locker Room with Two Speakers

No comments: